Sand mining contractor detained over Bersih rally in Malaysia
A sand mining contractor is the latest suspect detained by police in connection with the Bersih 3.0 ruckus, bringing the total number roped in to 29.
Kuala Lumpur Criminal Investigation Department chief Ku Chin Wah said in a SMS message to Bernama Saturday that the man aged 36 was detained at Kuala Lumpur police headquarters at 10.30am on Friday.
"The suspect was among 141 individuals whose photographs were published by the media for alleged involvement in the incident."
Ku said police had been trying to track down 112 more individuals since launching the operation on May 16.
Two police personnel and three members of the public had been charged in court in relation to the ruckus following the rally.