The soaring Garuda of peacekeeping
The creation of a peacekeeping center in Bogor, West Java has become a symbol of Indonesia’s pride over its contribution to Peacekeeping Operations (PKO). But how far have we actually come and where are we headed?
Peacekeeping, by UN definition, is a technique designed to preserve peace, however fragile, where fighting has been halted, and to assist in implementing agreements achieved by...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber