Letter: A travesty of justice
The Jakarta Post
By sentencing Alexander Aan to two-and-a-half years in prison for blasphemy and publicly declaring himself an atheist, as well as fining him an exorbitant Rp 100 million (US$11,100) or an additional two months in prison, the judges of the Muaro District Court in Sijunjung regency have actually put their relationship with The Creator Himself at risk.
Obviously these judges, led by presiding ...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business