Letter: A travesty of justice
The Jakarta Post
By sentencing Alexander Aan to two-and-a-half years in prison for blasphemy and publicly declaring himself an atheist, as well as fining him an exorbitant Rp 100 million (US$11,100) or an additional two months in prison, the judges of the Muaro District Court in Sijunjung regency have actually put their relationship with The Creator Himself at risk.
Obviously these judges, led by presiding ...
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Minister gives taxpayers another chance to declare hidden wealth
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased