Letter: A travesty of justice
The Jakarta Post
By sentencing Alexander Aan to two-and-a-half years in prison for blasphemy and publicly declaring himself an atheist, as well as fining him an exorbitant Rp 100 million (US$11,100) or an additional two months in prison, the judges of the Muaro District Court in Sijunjung regency have actually put their relationship with The Creator Himself at risk.
Obviously these judges, led by presiding ...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats