Letter: A travesty of justice
The Jakarta Post
By sentencing Alexander Aan to two-and-a-half years in prison for blasphemy and publicly declaring himself an atheist, as well as fining him an exorbitant Rp 100 million (US$11,100) or an additional two months in prison, the judges of the Muaro District Court in Sijunjung regency have actually put their relationship with The Creator Himself at risk.
Obviously these judges, led by presiding ...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Susi reminds Central Java fishermen to stop using 'cantrang'
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Ancol to go cashless
- Google executive downplays AI’s possible threat to mankind
- How to avoid paying exorbitant import taxes on goods bought abroad
- Angelina Jolie's Cambodian genocide film deserves to be watched
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- Central bank sets ceiling fee via newly issued e-money card regulation
- Minister slams F&B firms for objecting to sugar auction plan