Journalists end strike at S. Korea's top news agency
Journalists at South Korea's largest news agency Yonhap have ended a strike.
About 360 employees stopped working in March after their union accused Yonhap's management of censoring reports critical of the country's president.
Yonhap executive Jang Ik-sang said Saturday that the union and management agreed earlier this week to set up a joint panel overseeing fairness in reporting and other matters.
Jang says Yonhap's production of stories halved during the strike. He says the company has yet to assess financial losses from it. Jang expects strikers — less than half of Yonhap's workforce — to return to work early next week.
Broadcasters KBS and MBC have also seen strikes over alleged pro-government bias.
The one at KBS ended earlier this month. (mtq)