Government indifference hindering literacy in local languages
A. Chaedar Alwasilah
Bandung | Sat, July 7 2012 | 07:48 am
PREMIUMEvery year the Rancage cultural foundation awards a short-list of people who have published the best literary works in Sundanese, Javanese, Balinese and Lampungese. The award is also conferred on those who have demonstrated loyalty and commitment to the development of those local languages. The latest award conferral took place at UNNES (Semarang State University) in May.
A year-long and me...
- Jakarta shocked by deadly bombings days before Ramadhan
- Kampung Melayu suicide bomber identified
- Film inspired by 212 rally to hit cinemas
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Police find links between Jakarta twin bombings and Bandung bombing
- East Jakarta suicide blasts likely linked to IS: Police
- UK issues travel warning after Kampung Melayu bombings
- Jakarta bombing attack a retaliation against police: Analyst
- Pressure cooker bombs used in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Jakarta suicide bombing kills three police officers