Police hand over John Kei’s case to prosecutors
The Jakarta Police revealed on Wednesday that they had handed over the dossier of murder suspect John Kei to the city prosecutor’s office earlier that day.
"Apart from John’s case, we have also handed over the dossier of two other suspects in the case, Yoseph Hungan and Mukhlis, along with the evidence [to the prosecutors]," Jakarta police’s detective chief Sr. Comr. Toni Harmanto told reporters.
They were allegedly involved in the murder of PT Sanex Steel Indonesia owner, Tan Harry Tantono.
Following the announcement, John, Yoseph and Mukhlis were transferred to Salemba prison, where they will spend their days behind bars await trial.
John has been treated at the National Police’s Dr. Sukanto Hospital since Friday, due to what police described as rising blood pressure and a general worsening of the condition of the gunshot wound he suffered during his arrest in February.
John, however, had returned to the police’s detention facility at the city police’s headquarters on Tuesday night.
"I, John Kei, am perfectly healthy and I will continue to respect and obey the law," he said upon his arrival at the police headquarters.
Separately, John's lawyer Taufik Chandra said that they were ready to prove John's innocence at the trial.(iwa)