Indonesia needs to advance with brainpower, not Foxconn
Daejon, South Korea | Thu, July 26 2012 | 07:52 am
PREMIUMIt appears that Terry Guo, CEO of Foxconn, after meetings with Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and visits by Trade Minister Gita Wirjawan to Taiwan, is going to make Indonesia a production base for their gadgetry for Apple, Sony, and Microsoft.
This is a huge mistake for leaders to embrace this “race to the bottom” type of employment. It is especially galling considering ...
- Convicted drug smuggler Corby returns to Australia from Bali
- Three dead as truck rams into motorcyclists in Medan
- Man nabbed for spreading fake chat impersonating top cops
- Police arrest another man with suspected links to E. Jakarta bombings
- Girl locked up for days by new Facebook friend in West Jakarta
- Extraordinary measures needed to root out terrorists: BIN chief
- Investigation of helicopter procurement graft might target higher officials
- North Jakarta sees 45 fires in four months
- Ericsson, ITB collaborate for Internet of Things research
- Jakarta train stations to provide passengers with 'takjil'