Indonesia needs to advance with brainpower, not Foxconn
It appears that Terry Guo, CEO of Foxconn, after meetings with Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and visits by Trade Minister Gita Wirjawan to Taiwan, is going to make Indonesia a production base for their gadgetry for Apple, Sony, and Microsoft.
This is a huge mistake for leaders to embrace this “race to the bottom” type of employment. It is especially galling considering ...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Gorontalo orphanage molestation suspect previously convicted of same crime