Indonesia needs to advance with brainpower, not Foxconn
It appears that Terry Guo, CEO of Foxconn, after meetings with Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and visits by Trade Minister Gita Wirjawan to Taiwan, is going to make Indonesia a production base for their gadgetry for Apple, Sony, and Microsoft.
This is a huge mistake for leaders to embrace this “race to the bottom” type of employment. It is especially galling considering ...
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- In one tweet, Kylie Jenner wiped out $1.3 billion of Snap’s market value