Cibinong prosecutor’s attacker faces 5 years
Paper Edition | Page: 5
Prosecutors are asking the Bandung District Court for a five-year prison sentence for the man who allegedly attacked a Cibinong prosecutor who was suspended for bribery allegations.
Darwis Burhansyah, who is prosecuting the case, charged Deddy Sugarda with assaulting the Cibinong prosecutor, Sistoyo, and with the illegal possession of a weapon.
“We demand a five-year sentence for the defendant,” Darwis said during a hearing presided over by Judge Nur Aslam on Thursday.
Sistoyo previously told the court that Deddy attacked him with a machete as he emerged from his trial at the Cibinong District Court on Feb. 29.
Winner Jhonson, Deddy’s attorney, said that the sentence demand showed that the prosecutors were intent on extracting “revenge” on his client after he injured a man, who happened to be a prosecutor.
Deddy is scheduled to deliver his defense statement on Aug. 9.