Lapindo disaster a ‘human rights violation’
The Jakarta Post
The National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) announced on Tuesday that the Lapindo mudflow in Sidoarjo, East Java, was a human rights violation and that the oil and gas company PT Lapindo Brantas was responsible for the man-made disaster.
Komnas HAM chairman Ifdhal Kasim said that after a three-year investigation, which began in 2008, the commission concluded that Lapindo Brantas vi...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit