Lapindo disaster a ‘human rights violation’
The Jakarta Post
The National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) announced on Tuesday that the Lapindo mudflow in Sidoarjo, East Java, was a human rights violation and that the oil and gas company PT Lapindo Brantas was responsible for the man-made disaster.
Komnas HAM chairman Ifdhal Kasim said that after a three-year investigation, which began in 2008, the commission concluded that Lapindo Brantas vi...
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Indika completes acquisition of Kideco
- Israel minister calls for boycott of Arab area after riot