Lapindo disaster a ‘human rights violation’
The Jakarta Post
The National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) announced on Tuesday that the Lapindo mudflow in Sidoarjo, East Java, was a human rights violation and that the oil and gas company PT Lapindo Brantas was responsible for the man-made disaster.
Komnas HAM chairman Ifdhal Kasim said that after a three-year investigation, which began in 2008, the commission concluded that Lapindo Brantas vi...
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid
- Online shops offer ‘Black Panther’-inspired ‘baju koko’