Lapindo disaster a ‘human rights violation’
The Jakarta Post
The National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) announced on Tuesday that the Lapindo mudflow in Sidoarjo, East Java, was a human rights violation and that the oil and gas company PT Lapindo Brantas was responsible for the man-made disaster.
Komnas HAM chairman Ifdhal Kasim said that after a three-year investigation, which began in 2008, the commission concluded that Lapindo Brantas vi...
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta
- Soekarno-Hatta expects 5m airline passengers over Idul Fitri
- Sandiaga Uno to establish sharia tourism zone in Jakarta
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- 152 sent home after undergoing deradicalization program
- Dead woman found near elephant cage at Ragunan Zoo
- Ragunan Zoo to monitor animals for stress
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- Monas packed by Idul Fitri holidaymakers