Kemang café catches fire
No one was injured after a café on Jl. Kemang Raya in South Jakarta caught fire early on Saturday. The fire was apparently started by an electrical short-circuit.
According to the Mampang Police Precinct, the café, known as Tipsy café, was found to be on fire at around 3 a.m. by Dede a café employee. Dede asked his colleague, Agus, to help him put out the fire and it was brought under control within 15 minutes.
However, at 4:45 a.m., sparks from wiring in the building set it once again on fire and the flames took hold of the first floor and the ceiling. The blaze was fully extinguished at 6:30 a.m. after seven firetrucks were deployed to the scene, although only two of the seven trucks were used, kompas.com reported. (swd)