S. Tangerang to crack down on rented rooms
Paper Edition | Page: 5
The South Tangerang administration plans to hold intensive raids directed at recent migrants to the city to prevent a jump in population after the Idul Fitri holidays, and will focus on areas known to host higher concentrations of rented accommodation.
Deputy mayor Benyamin Davnie said on Tuesday that the crackdown would be held jointly by the Civil Registration and Population Agency and that public order officers were targeting newcomers without proper identification documents and work contracts. He said that last year the new municipality had seen a 1 percent increase in population, or 13,000 people, after the holiday, as many had returned bringing their job-seeking relatives or friends.
“We don’t prohibit people from coming to stay here, but they have to have competent work skills and education so they won’t be jobless,” Benyamin said as quoted by tempo.co.