Scene: Court to examine KPK-Police standoff
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta: The Constitutional Court is preparing to review whether or not the 2002 Law on the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) contravenes the Constitution.
The court is making the move after one of the law’s articles was deemed unclear, triggering a tense standoff between the antigraft body and the police.
“The court has received requests from petitioners who want us to rev...
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Jokowi maintains merciless stance on drug dealers
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Odd-even traffic policy at Cikampek toll road to be implemented in morning