Issues of the day: Orangutan dies after accidentally burned
The Jakarta Post
Aug. 30, p. Online
A male orangutan clings to a treetop, in an attempt to avoid villagers who were trying to chase him out from their plantations in Parit Wak Dongkak village, West Kalimantan, on Sunday. The ape accidentally caught fire, and died on Wednesday night. (Antara/Jessica Helena Wuysang)
A male orangutan, which was accidentally set alight by villagers in West Kalimantan, di...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday