Issues of the day: Orangutan dies after accidentally burned
The Jakarta Post
Aug. 30, p. Online
A male orangutan clings to a treetop, in an attempt to avoid villagers who were trying to chase him out from their plantations in Parit Wak Dongkak village, West Kalimantan, on Sunday. The ape accidentally caught fire, and died on Wednesday night. (Antara/Jessica Helena Wuysang)
A male orangutan, which was accidentally set alight by villagers in West Kalimantan, di...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song