A man claiming to be Yusuf Rizaldi, a suspected terrorist linked to Saturday's explosion in Depok, surrendered to Langkat Police in North Sumatra on Wednesday evening, according to National Counterterrorism Agency (BNPT) head Ansyaad Mbai.
Ansyaad said that Yusuf had been handed over to North Sumatra Police for questioning.
Yusuf, the man who rented the house in Depok that was destroyed by the bomb blast, had left his house in Petojo, Central Jakarta on Friday, one day before the explosion. The 40-year-old, who is known as a food vendor, lived in Petojo with his wife and his twin sons.
Police have raided his house and placed his family under police supervision.
Yusuf rented the house in Beji district, Depok, a satellite city located in south Jakarta, from a man named Lukman. The house, which police believe was a bomb-making center, was set up to look like an orphanage.
Several alleged bomb makers accidentally caused the explosion at the Depok house. One man, who was later identified as Wahyu Ristanto, was killed during the blast, while two others were injured.
Witnesses said they saw two men fleeing the scene shortly after the incident. One of them, identified as Muhammad Thoriq, gave himself up to Jakarta Police on Sunday.
The Depok blast was allegedly linked to recent attacks on three police posts in Surakarta, Central Java by unidentified men. One police officer was killed and two others injured in the attacks. (lfr)