Convict escapes capital punishment
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The Supreme Court has once again annulled a death sentence handed down to a drug convict, reducing it to life sentence, at a time when the government is pledging to increase the use of capital punishment.The official website of the Supreme Court said that a panel of appellate judges had accepted a case review of international drug ring member Deni Setia Maharwa, also known as Rapi Mohammed Majid, ...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Woman in Banyumas killed by king cobra
- How a woman saves stray dogs in Lombok, alone