Sex assaults soar as minister blames victims
The Jakarta Post
The National Commission on Child Protection (Komnas PA) says that at least 129 teenagers have been sexually assaulted this year to date, already surpassing the 121 cases recorded in the whole of 2011.
The chairman of Komnas PA, Arist Merdeka Sirait, described the situation as dire, calling on parents to be more vigilant and for the National Police crack down on online sex predators.
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Crystal meth from Malaysia seized in Riau Islands
- Ministry to scrap expiry date for SIUP, TDP
- Hizbut Tahrir rejects rules on Friday sermons
- Indonesian coconut enjoys sweet spot in Hungary
- Lotte Chemical to kick off Cilegon project in 2018
- BNN shoots dead drug trafficker in Medan
- Six essential tips for frequent business travelers