The General Elections Commission (KPU) announced on Sunday night that 18 political parties had failed the administrative verification process that must be completed to run in the 2014 general elections.
The KPU said that 16 political parties, including nine parties sitting in the House of Representatives, passed the administrative verification and would continue with factual verification, slated to be wrapped up by Jan. 6.
The new Independent Peoples Union Party (SRI), Prosperous Peace Party (PDS), National Ulema Awakening Party (PKNU), Indonesian National Populist Fortress Party (PNBKI), Congress Party, Nation Democratic Party (PDK), National Republic Party (Nasrep) and Functional Republic Party (Pakar), were among 18 parties that were rejected by the KPU.
"All of the decisions made in today's meeting were based on the discussions of the commissioners. There was no voting," said KPU chairman Husni Kamil Malik.
Major parties like the Indonesian Democratic Party for Struggle (PDI-P), the Golkar Party, the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS), the National Awakening Party (PKB), the National Mandate Party (PAN), the Democratic Party and the United Development Party (PPP), as well as rising parties such as the Great Indonesia Movement Party (Gerindra), the People’s Conscience Party (Hanura) and the National Democrat Party (Nasdem), all passed the administrative verification.
KPU commissioner Hadar Gumay said that the poll body would start the factual verification on Monday.
"KPU members will be deployed to several regions tomorrow to check the membership of each political party at the district and city levels. We have sent letters regarding this to all 16 political parties," he said after the press conference.
Previously, the KPU accepted 46 political parties to participate in the upcoming election. Twelve of them failed in the basic administrative verification stage. (yps/lfr)
Parties rejected during the administrative verification
1. Democratic Nationhood Party (PDK)
2. Indonesian Democracy Devotion Party (PKDI)
3. Congress Party
4. Independent People’s Union Party (SRI)
5. Functional Republic Party (Pakar)
6. National Republic Party (Nasrep)
7. Labor Party
8. Prosperous Peace Party (PDS)
9. Nusantara Republic Party
10. Indonesian Nationalist Party of Marhaenism (PNI Marhaenisme)
11. National Functionary Concern Party (PKPB)
12. Indonesian Workers and Employers Party (PPPI)
13. National Ulema Awakening Party (PKNU)
14. Indonesian Democracy Vanguard Party (PPDI)
15. Republic Party
16. Sovereignty Party
17. Bhineka Indonesia Party
18. Indonesian National Populist Fortress Party (PNBKI)
Parties passing the factual verification stage
1. National Democrat Party (Nasdem)
2. Indonesian Democratic Party for Struggle (PDI-P)
3. National Awakening Party (PKB)
4. Crescent Star Party (PBB)
5. People’s Conscience Party (Hanura)
6. National Mandate Party (PAN)
7. Golkar Party
8. Prosperous Justice Party (PKS)
9. Great Indonesia Movement Party (Gerindra)
10. Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
11. Indonesian Party for Unity and Justice (PKPI)
12. Democratic Party
13. United Development Party (PPP)
14. New Indonesia National Sovereignty Party (PKBIB)
15. National Welfare Party (PPRN)
16. National Union Party (PPN)