Straight-talking Ahok takes lead in Jakarta
Andreas D. Arditya
The Jakarta Post
From their first day in office, Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and Deputy Governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama have evinced a leadership style that has taken the city by surprise.
Since their inauguration on Oct. 15, Jokowi, surprisingly, has been the low-key member of the duo, while Ahok has been the straight-talking point man in an unprecedented display of teamwork.
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Lion Air co-founder awarded Légion d'Honneur