Straight-talking Ahok takes lead in Jakarta
Andreas D. Arditya
The Jakarta Post
From their first day in office, Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and Deputy Governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama have evinced a leadership style that has taken the city by surprise.
Since their inauguration on Oct. 15, Jokowi, surprisingly, has been the low-key member of the duo, while Ahok has been the straight-talking point man in an unprecedented display of teamwork.
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- ‘Otaku’ dating site’s advice to users: Have other interests besides anime
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto