Straight-talking Ahok takes lead in Jakarta
Andreas D. Arditya
The Jakarta Post
From their first day in office, Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and Deputy Governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama have evinced a leadership style that has taken the city by surprise.
Since their inauguration on Oct. 15, Jokowi, surprisingly, has been the low-key member of the duo, while Ahok has been the straight-talking point man in an unprecedented display of teamwork.
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- In one tweet, Kylie Jenner wiped out $1.3 billion of Snap’s market value