Layoffs could be massive following wage hike: Employers
Novia D. Rulistia
The Jakarta Post
The 2013 minimum wage set for workers in Jakarta is considered too high by employers, who fear that it may backfire as businesses consider a recruitment freeze.
An entrepreneur in the food and beverage sector, Adhi Lukman, said on Wednesday that the Rp 2.2 million (US$228) minimum wage for a single worker had persuaded him and his fellow businessmen to find a more affordable way to compens...
- Whale shark dead after being caught up in trawl
- Four must-watch films about North Korea
- Tight security prepared for King Salman’s visit to Bali
- Six killed in Central Java bus plunge
- Jokowi, Turnbull start day with relaxed morning walk around Royal Botanical Gardens
- Lawmakers to learn about counterterrorism legislation in UK, US
- Indonesia, Australia want peaceful resolution in settling regional disputes
- House prepares for King Salman's visit
- Divers collect waste in waters around Pramuka Island
- Oscars - and other award shows - are still #sowhite