Layoffs could be massive following wage hike: Employers
Novia D. Rulistia
The Jakarta Post
The 2013 minimum wage set for workers in Jakarta is considered too high by employers, who fear that it may backfire as businesses consider a recruitment freeze.
An entrepreneur in the food and beverage sector, Adhi Lukman, said on Wednesday that the Rp 2.2 million (US$228) minimum wage for a single worker had persuaded him and his fellow businessmen to find a more affordable way to compens...
- 'City budget signed by governor': Jokowi responds to Sylviana
- No need to complain: Jokowi on SBY's tweet
- Android users can now search Google while offline
- SBY’s Twitter whine his own business: VP
- Korean star rapper Gary returns to ‘Running Man’
- Celebrate year of the rooster at these modern Chinese restaurants
- Dynamic Thai duo stand out at weather-hit SMBC Singapore Open
- The economic policy Trump should pursue
- At least 32 killed, 50 injured as train derails in India
- Hundreds of thousands of women around the world decry Trump