Michael Sheridan: Making room for local perspectives
The Jakarta Post
JP/Iman Mahditama As a documentary filmmaker, Michael Sheridan believes in the power of film to change the world and make it a better place for all.
In 2009, he went to Afghanistan to make a documentary film that aimed to present an intimate look at the daily lives of local Afghan villagers from their own, often-unheard perspectives, several years after the US-led invasion of the war-torn ...
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- JKT48 manager found dead hanging in bathroom
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers