Michael Sheridan: Making room for local perspectives
The Jakarta Post
JP/Iman Mahditama As a documentary filmmaker, Michael Sheridan believes in the power of film to change the world and make it a better place for all.
In 2009, he went to Afghanistan to make a documentary film that aimed to present an intimate look at the daily lives of local Afghan villagers from their own, often-unheard perspectives, several years after the US-led invasion of the war-torn ...
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Jember airport development kicks off
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- Solo dining, karaoke strike chord among solitary Japanese consumers
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- Government to construct loop lines to eliminate railway crossings