Bird flu kills thousands of chickens
The Jakarta Post
Bird flu has likely caused the death of thousands of chickens in Bantul, Yogyakarta, over the past two months, said the head of the regency’s Agriculture and Forestry Agency, Edy Suharyanta, on Wednesday.
He said that the chickens died suddenly without showing any symptoms, similar to death caused by the bird flu, adding that some areas in Banten are endemic to the virus.
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- Penyengat Island to focus on religious tourism
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- The best airport in the world just got better
- Options prepared to reform Batam management
- Japan joins feasibility study for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Govt