Rudi Hadisuwarno: Fan of big inventors
The Jakarta Post
Rudi Hadisuwarno has been a household name in hairdressing for over 40 years. His beauty parlors have served middle- to high class customers, while his schools have trained many hairdressers. The 63-year-old just unleashed the latest hair sensation for 2013, “Gorgeous”.
Rudi was raised in Pekalongan, a small town in Central Java, by a mother who ran a small salon and a father who was a chemical consultant in a batik factory. They gave him inspiration and courage to pursue his dream. A book given as a gift to little Rudi by his father, continues to inspire him, even until today.
Autobiography book on famous inventors
When I was in the elementary school, my father gave me a book of biographies of famous inventors. Two inventors that stick to my mind are Albert Einstein and Thomas Alva Edison. I read many books, but somehow that book from my childhood is the one that is the closest to my heart. It has influenced me so much that I always try to look for something new every year. One of the milestones was when I invented cream bath in 1970s, which was not a trend I brought from abroad.
Fiction books on politics
I barely pay attention to the name of authors and usually just focus on the content of the books. I remember one book about Israel and Palestine that captured my attention. It was quite a serious book, but I like it. I think we need to read some serious stuff to make a balance.
Gatra and Tempo magazines
I like to observe the development of politics in the country. Gatra and Tempo are main sources of information for me. I have been reading them for a long time since I was in high school. I prefer them than light magazines because I am very interested in stories about life and social problems.
— JP/Indah Setiawati
- Indonesia over the moon after $9.4 million win against Churchill
- Quake survivors evacuate to neighboring village, fear tsunami
- Sun to shine on Greater Jakarta property market
- Study finds majority of people condemning Ahok's ‘blasphemy’ not well informed
- Rachmawati says meetings, cash transfer not evidence of treason
- Police, Court not yet agree on Ahok's trial venue
- Soft approach essential to beating extremism: Minister
- Intelligence agency: Russia trying to destabilize Germany
- New statistics to track development of create economy
- Charging-device producer Anker aims to tap Indonesian market