Rudi Hadisuwarno: Fan of big inventors
The Jakarta Post
Rudi Hadisuwarno has been a household name in hairdressing for over 40 years. His beauty parlors have served middle- to high class customers, while his schools have trained many hairdressers. The 63-year-old just unleashed the latest hair sensation for 2013, “Gorgeous”.
Rudi was raised in Pekalongan, a small town in Central Java, by a mother who ran a small salon and a father who was a chemical consultant in a batik factory. They gave him inspiration and courage to pursue his dream. A book given as a gift to little Rudi by his father, continues to inspire him, even until today.
Autobiography book on famous inventors
When I was in the elementary school, my father gave me a book of biographies of famous inventors. Two inventors that stick to my mind are Albert Einstein and Thomas Alva Edison. I read many books, but somehow that book from my childhood is the one that is the closest to my heart. It has influenced me so much that I always try to look for something new every year. One of the milestones was when I invented cream bath in 1970s, which was not a trend I brought from abroad.
Fiction books on politics
I barely pay attention to the name of authors and usually just focus on the content of the books. I remember one book about Israel and Palestine that captured my attention. It was quite a serious book, but I like it. I think we need to read some serious stuff to make a balance.
Gatra and Tempo magazines
I like to observe the development of politics in the country. Gatra and Tempo are main sources of information for me. I have been reading them for a long time since I was in high school. I prefer them than light magazines because I am very interested in stories about life and social problems.
— JP/Indah Setiawati
- Convenient confusion: Indonesia's incorporation of international law
- Govt to allow nickel ore, bauxite exports under new rules
- Doctor Strange is not Sherlock with magic, says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Leessang’s Kang Gary to leave ‘Running Man’
- Govt foils attempts to smuggle Rp 33.15b worth lobster seeds
- Indonesia-Australia continue to strengthen cooperation: Bishop
- Myanmar most generous country in the world
- Ahok officially transfers office to acting governor
- Indonesia up 15 places in Ease of Doing Business index
- Hundreds stranded in Manado Port because of bootleg liquor raid