Guess what?: Astrid cries during son’s birth
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Singer Arlan Djoewarsa has said that his wife, singer Astrid Sartiasari, cried when giving birth to their son Alec Djuara Djoewarsa, earlier this week. Arlan said Astrid cried when she could not give birth normally and decided to switch to a caesarean operation.
“Astrid was frustrated that she wasn’t strong enough [for normal childbirth]. I just couldn’t stand seeing her under so much pain. I supported her decision [to have the baby through caesarean],” he said, as quoted by kapanlagi.com.
Astrid said that Arlan was by her side all through the “smooth” childbirth process.
“The anesthesia was only local [during the childbirth], I could still hear what the doctor was saying. Arlan was brave. He stood by my side when there was so much blood. He talked to me through the process,” she said.
- Jokowi treason arrests questioned
- KPK signs agreement with police, AGO to ease monitoring of graft cases
- Ahok blasphemy trial to start Thursday
- Taeyeon and Wiz Khalifa tussle over MAMA performance
- Papua to see air navigation system upgrades to prevent more crashes
- Pilot of crashed plane promised to go home to East Nusa Tenggara for Christmas
- N. Jakarta district court chief to lead Ahok's blasphemy trial
- Presidential aircraft a test of patience for nation’s VVIPs
- Indonesia investment board upbeat about 2017, tourism potential
- Car Free Day initiator wants ‘Kita Indonesia’ organizer to apologize