Guess what?: Astrid cries during son’s birth
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Singer Arlan Djoewarsa has said that his wife, singer Astrid Sartiasari, cried when giving birth to their son Alec Djuara Djoewarsa, earlier this week. Arlan said Astrid cried when she could not give birth normally and decided to switch to a caesarean operation.
“Astrid was frustrated that she wasn’t strong enough [for normal childbirth]. I just couldn’t stand seeing her under so much pain. I supported her decision [to have the baby through caesarean],” he said, as quoted by kapanlagi.com.
Astrid said that Arlan was by her side all through the “smooth” childbirth process.
“The anesthesia was only local [during the childbirth], I could still hear what the doctor was saying. Arlan was brave. He stood by my side when there was so much blood. He talked to me through the process,” she said.
- Second legal warning over land ownership ban sent to Yogyakarta governor
- Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur to have one halal certification
- Dutch woman dies after train accident in Yogyakarta
- Japan pledges support for Indonesian infrastructure development
- 10 arrested over alleged illegal levies in S. Sulawesi
- Piko-Taro’s ‘Pen Pineapple Apple Pen’ debuts on Billboard 100
- Still missing from Traveloka, Garuda finally releases official response
- Shareholders approve divestment of Indofood’s shares in China Minzhong
- KPU Jakarta returns computers to city administration
- Bond issuances rise as banks fail to pass on rate cuts: BI