Four decades of an ASEAN–Japan partnership
Forty years ago, in 1973, a nascent ASEAN comprising the association’s five founding members met with Japan to iron out issues relating to synthetic rubber production. It was an important undertaking. The ASEAN countries represented latex producers and Japan was the largest producer of synthetic rubber.
The talks were successful. Thereafter, ASEAN-Japan ties blossomed to form one of the m...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Eliminating illegal parking at GBK needs PPKGBK approval
- Central bank sets ceiling fee via newly issued e-money card regulation
- Susi reminds Central Java fishermen to stop using 'cantrang'
- Angelina Jolie's Cambodian genocide film deserves to be watched
- Minister slams F&B firms for objecting to sugar auction plan
- Ancol to go cashless
- KPK to reveal details Friday on 'latest BPK auditor arrest'
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya