Indonesian shuttlers advance to KL final
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian men’s doubles pair, Mohammad Ahsan and Hendra Setiawan, followed Sony Dwi Kuncoro into the final at the Malaysian Open badminton championship in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday.
Ahsan and Hendra eased past Chai Biao and Liu Xiaolong of China 21-12, 21-11 in 24 minutes.
The Indonesians will face Lee Yong-dae and Ko Sung-hyun in the final on Sunday. The Koreans booked their ticket with a 21-11, 21-15 win over Lim Khim Wah and Goh V Shem of Malaysia.
“We have played them many times. We must focus on the game,” Hendra, the Beijing Olympic gold medalist pairing with Markis Kido, told Antara news agency.
Earlier, Sony overcame second seed Kenichi Tago of Japan 21-12, 19-21, 23-21. Indonesia’s eighth seed will challenge world number one Lee Chong Wei on Sunday. The Malaysian star also needed three sets to defeat Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark 19-21, 21-13, 21-17.
Meanwhile, Vita Marissa, who had the chance to make it four finals for Indonesia, failed to steer her respective partners, both in the women’s doubles with Variella Aprilsasi Putri and in the mixed with Praveen Jordan.
- Two foreign tourists die in motorcycle accident in Bali
- Man accused of charging illegal fees to former East Timor residents
- Hong Kong to lure tourists with food festival
- LPG explosion in Pizza Hut outlet destroys four buildings
- EU supports development of Lake Toba tourism
- Govt urged to pay more attention to farmers' welfare
- Jokowi's achievements need closer scrutiny: Indef
- AT&T buying HBO and CNN owner Time Warner for $85.4 billion
- Victory in sight, Clinton still grapples with negative views
- Attacks on the internet keep getting bigger and nastier