Indonesian shuttlers advance to KL final
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian men’s doubles pair, Mohammad Ahsan and Hendra Setiawan, followed Sony Dwi Kuncoro into the final at the Malaysian Open badminton championship in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday.
Ahsan and Hendra eased past Chai Biao and Liu Xiaolong of China 21-12, 21-11 in 24 minutes.
The Indonesians will face Lee Yong-dae and Ko Sung-hyun in the final on Sunday. The Koreans booked their ticket with a 21-11, 21-15 win over Lim Khim Wah and Goh V Shem of Malaysia.
“We have played them many times. We must focus on the game,” Hendra, the Beijing Olympic gold medalist pairing with Markis Kido, told Antara news agency.
Earlier, Sony overcame second seed Kenichi Tago of Japan 21-12, 19-21, 23-21. Indonesia’s eighth seed will challenge world number one Lee Chong Wei on Sunday. The Malaysian star also needed three sets to defeat Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark 19-21, 21-13, 21-17.
Meanwhile, Vita Marissa, who had the chance to make it four finals for Indonesia, failed to steer her respective partners, both in the women’s doubles with Variella Aprilsasi Putri and in the mixed with Praveen Jordan.
- Islamic religious texts must be read in context to understand blasphemy
- Protesters put pressure on Metro TV, Kompas TV over ‘biased reporting’
- 8 arrested on treason charges ahead of rally
- LIVE REPORT: Anti-Ahok rally
- Thousands of worshipers flock to Monas for anti-Ahok gathering
- Hard for Ahok to bounce back: Expert
- N. Sumatra governor fires official after intimidation from angry anti-Ahok crowd
- Singer Ahmad Dhani, activists declared treason suspects
- Police satisfied with peaceful anti-Ahok rally
- C.Java protesters demand Ahok’s immediate incarceration