Security threats will rise in 2013: Bawaslu
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
The Elections Supervisory Body (Bawaslu) is predicting a tumultuous campaign season after the government and the lawmakers agreed to hold a slew of regional elections, scheduled for 2014, this year.
A Bawaslu member said at least 144 regional elections would be held in 2013, increasing chances for election violations and social conflict if the government, law enforcement and civil society ...
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- Democracy ‘gone too far’: Jokowi
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Indonesia seeks Saudi Arabia’s support to develop Sumatra tourism
- Transportation Ministry to issue NOTAM for King Salman’s arrival
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong to feature Jokowi wax figure this summer