Security threats will rise in 2013: Bawaslu
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
The Elections Supervisory Body (Bawaslu) is predicting a tumultuous campaign season after the government and the lawmakers agreed to hold a slew of regional elections, scheduled for 2014, this year.
A Bawaslu member said at least 144 regional elections would be held in 2013, increasing chances for election violations and social conflict if the government, law enforcement and civil society ...
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Ten sailors missing after US destroyer collision off Singapore