Security threats will rise in 2013: Bawaslu
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
The Elections Supervisory Body (Bawaslu) is predicting a tumultuous campaign season after the government and the lawmakers agreed to hold a slew of regional elections, scheduled for 2014, this year.
A Bawaslu member said at least 144 regional elections would be held in 2013, increasing chances for election violations and social conflict if the government, law enforcement and civil society ...
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles