S. Sulawesi election result marred by unrest
Andi Hajramurni and Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The province of South Sulawesi witnessed chaotic scenes immediately after the General Elections Commission (KPUD) declared incumbent Governor Syahrul Yasin Limpo and his running mate Agus Arifin Nu’mang the winners of this year’s gubernatorial election.
The pair now has a fresh mandate to govern the province for the next five years, until 2018.
Of the total 4,294,960 votes, Syah...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students