S. Sulawesi election result marred by unrest
Andi Hajramurni and Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The province of South Sulawesi witnessed chaotic scenes immediately after the General Elections Commission (KPUD) declared incumbent Governor Syahrul Yasin Limpo and his running mate Agus Arifin Nu’mang the winners of this year’s gubernatorial election.
The pair now has a fresh mandate to govern the province for the next five years, until 2018.
Of the total 4,294,960 votes, Syah...
- Father-son duo arrested over alleged drug dealing
- Wu's fans skip Chinese New Year for NBA All Star celebrity game
- China vows to protect interests as US eyes trade sanctions
- Indonesia mulls ban on maids to Malaysia
- Adelina’s family demands compensation
- Italy's country doctor making house calls on horseback
- East Java targets to vaccinate 10m following diphtheria outbreak
- Vatican revives pope's sexual abuse panel
- Pakistan child killer handed four death sentences
- Four new parties to take part in 2019 elections