S. Sulawesi election result marred by unrest
Andi Hajramurni and Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The province of South Sulawesi witnessed chaotic scenes immediately after the General Elections Commission (KPUD) declared incumbent Governor Syahrul Yasin Limpo and his running mate Agus Arifin Nu’mang the winners of this year’s gubernatorial election.
The pair now has a fresh mandate to govern the province for the next five years, until 2018.
Of the total 4,294,960 votes, Syah...
- Tight security prepared for King Salman’s visit to Bali
- Four must-watch films about North Korea
- Whale shark dead after being caught up in trawl
- Lawmakers to learn about counterterrorism legislation in UK, US
- Jokowi, Turnbull start day with relaxed morning walk around Royal Botanical Gardens
- Six killed in Central Java bus plunge
- Indonesia, Australia want peaceful resolution in settling regional disputes
- House prepares for King Salman's visit
- Kim Jong Nam died within 20 minutes of poisoning: Malaysia
- Divers collect waste in waters around Pramuka Island