S. Sulawesi election result marred by unrest
Andi Hajramurni and Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The province of South Sulawesi witnessed chaotic scenes immediately after the General Elections Commission (KPUD) declared incumbent Governor Syahrul Yasin Limpo and his running mate Agus Arifin Nu’mang the winners of this year’s gubernatorial election.
The pair now has a fresh mandate to govern the province for the next five years, until 2018.
Of the total 4,294,960 votes, Syah...
- 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle': Star-studded cast, bigger action
- Official turns mute about flourishing prostitution in his area
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- High alert: Mt. Agung eruption imminent
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Addressing challenges of VAT collection in digital economy