S. Sulawesi election result marred by unrest
Andi Hajramurni and Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The province of South Sulawesi witnessed chaotic scenes immediately after the General Elections Commission (KPUD) declared incumbent Governor Syahrul Yasin Limpo and his running mate Agus Arifin Nu’mang the winners of this year’s gubernatorial election.
The pair now has a fresh mandate to govern the province for the next five years, until 2018.
Of the total 4,294,960 votes, Syah...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang