S. Sulawesi election result marred by unrest
Andi Hajramurni and Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The province of South Sulawesi witnessed chaotic scenes immediately after the General Elections Commission (KPUD) declared incumbent Governor Syahrul Yasin Limpo and his running mate Agus Arifin Nu’mang the winners of this year’s gubernatorial election.
The pair now has a fresh mandate to govern the province for the next five years, until 2018.
Of the total 4,294,960 votes, Syah...
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots
- Radicalism has dangerous effect on economy