S. Sulawesi election result marred by unrest
Andi Hajramurni and Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The province of South Sulawesi witnessed chaotic scenes immediately after the General Elections Commission (KPUD) declared incumbent Governor Syahrul Yasin Limpo and his running mate Agus Arifin Nu’mang the winners of this year’s gubernatorial election.
The pair now has a fresh mandate to govern the province for the next five years, until 2018.
Of the total 4,294,960 votes, Syah...
- Taipei guide: Four places where fireflies light up the night sky
- Six Singaporean military personnel deported after Batam raid
- Bali declared world's top destination for 2017
- Norwegian man caught stealing iPhone at Garuda lounge
- Duterte says he can be 50 times more brutal than terrorists
- Nearing 100-day mark, Trump says milestone not 'meaningful'
- Kanye West, adidas announce launch of newest Yeezy sneakers
- The sad saga of North Korea's ATMs
- Anies refuses to talk about programs until official election result
- French stocks soar to near-decade highs as Macron tops poll