S. Sulawesi election result marred by unrest
Andi Hajramurni and Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The province of South Sulawesi witnessed chaotic scenes immediately after the General Elections Commission (KPUD) declared incumbent Governor Syahrul Yasin Limpo and his running mate Agus Arifin Nu’mang the winners of this year’s gubernatorial election.
The pair now has a fresh mandate to govern the province for the next five years, until 2018.
Of the total 4,294,960 votes, Syah...
- Trash inundates space underneath toll road in North Jakarta
- Government raises demands to Facebook Indonesia
- How healthy is too healthy? EU warns about green tea supplements
- Iran, Iraq, Syria, Russia hold 'anti-terrorism' meet
- Will Facebook Indonesia face criminal charges for data breach?
- Jakarta MRT to have women operators, maintenance officers
- Banjarnegara earthquake displaces more than 2,000
- Two entertainment venues shut down over drugs
- Britain to ban sale of plastic straws in bid to fight waste
- Smartphone app promises speech therapy at your fingertips