Jokowi aims to spend 95 percent of 2013 city budget
Sita W. Dewi
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has set the ambitious target of spending 95 percent of the 2013 city budget by optimizing the online procurement system and imposing strict control mechanisms.
The figure represents a 10 percentage point increase from the 85 percent recorded last year under the term of Jokowi’s predecessor Fauzi Bowo.
“This year, we have to spend at least...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business