Ex-BIN chief denies CIA torture link
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Former State Intelligence Agency (BIN) chief AM Hendropriyono has admitted to handing over three suspected terrorists to the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), but said he had no knowledge of US secret operations to detain and torture suspected terrorists worldwide, in the latter’s battle against terrorism.
Speaking to The Jakarta Post on Thursday, Hendropriyono said the suspected ter...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau