Democratic Party politicians ponder post-Anas scenario
Bagus BT Saragih and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Democratic Party politicians, especially rivals to chairman Anas Urbaningrum, have started to prepare themselves for an incoming powerplay that is expected in the event that Anas departs his post.
Some senior party members confirmed on Monday that talks on Anas’ future within the party had continued to intensify, with many concluding Anas’ chairmanship was in peril.
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official