Democratic Party politicians ponder post-Anas scenario
Bagus BT Saragih and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Democratic Party politicians, especially rivals to chairman Anas Urbaningrum, have started to prepare themselves for an incoming powerplay that is expected in the event that Anas departs his post.
Some senior party members confirmed on Monday that talks on Anas’ future within the party had continued to intensify, with many concluding Anas’ chairmanship was in peril.
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots
- Radicalism has dangerous effect on economy