Bank Jabar opens more offices in Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Bank Pembangunan Daerah Jawa Barat Banten (BJB), touted to be the nation’s largest regional bank, launched on Friday four new branch offices in Jakarta, and it will soon be opening five offices in other cities.
The four new offices will be added to its five existing branches in Jakarta. The new branches are on Jl. HR Rasuna Said and Jl. Dr. Saharjo in South Jakarta, and on Jl. Let. Jend. S Parman and Jl. Daan Mogot in West Jakarta.
BJB president director Bien Subiantoro said the bank aimed to open more branches outside its home base in West Java and Banten, given the fact that the bank’s branches in those provinces “have become too crowded”.
“That’s why we need to expand outside our regional home base and we see Jakarta as the market with the best potential, not only for its status as capital or its proximity to our headquarters in Bandung but also for its contribution to our assets,” Bien told a press conference.
He said the Jakarta branches comprised the second-largest contributor to the bank after its home base. Jakarta branches contributed Rp 9.7 trillion, or 25 percent, of the bank’s total third-party deposits of Rp 47.5 trillion last year, while West Java and Banten contributed Rp 28.6 trillion or 60.21 percent of the total.
The bank has aims to have 200 service points in Jakarta by the end of this year. BJB currently has 103 service points in the capital including nine branch offices, 60 subbranches, one payment point, 27 micro-credit outlets and 97 automated teller machines (ATM).
Bien refused to disclose how much the bank had spent on opening the four branches, but said that between Rp 600 million and Rp 4.5 billion was needed to establish one branch in Jakarta, depending on the location.
Besides Jakarta, Bien said the bank would be launching branch offices in Singaparna regency and Jatinangor, Sumedang regency, both in West Java, on Monday.
He added that the bank would soon be establishing further branch offices in Yogyakarta; Malang, East Java; and Purwokerto, Central Java, and it expected to have 600 micro-credit outlets operating by the end of this year, compared to its current 207 outlets.
BJB currently has 62 branches and 299 subbranches nationwide.
The first regional bank to be publicly listed booked 30.28 percent growth in assets from Rp 54.5 trillion in 2012 to Rp 71 trillion so far this year, while lending grew 25.9 percent to Rp 35.2 trillion.
The bank is 25 percent publicly owned, while the remaining 75 percent is owned by the provincial
administrations of Banten and West Java along with regency and city administrations in both provinces. (aml)
- Catholic university refuses to remove billboards with hijab-clad student
- Rachmawati says meetings, cash transfer not evidence of treason
- Study finds majority of people condemning Ahok's ‘blasphemy’ not well informed
- Charging-device producer Anker aims to tap Indonesian market
- Duterte assures Robredo will be VP ‘until last day of her term’
- Muslims lambast Christmas service raid in Bandung
- Indonesia over the moon after $9.4 million win against Churchill
- Public faith in Jokowi remains high despite anti-Ahok movement
- FUI forces Christian university to drop billboard with hijab-clad student
- N.Sumatra dispatches assistance for Aceh earthquake victims