Text your say: Ibas caught on Camera
The Jakarta Post
Your comments on lawmaker Edhie “Ibas” Baskoro Yudhoyono, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s son, who was caught on camera leaving the House of Representatives only moments after signing the attendance list for a plenary session.
Former president Abdurrahman Wahid, or Gus Dur, used to say that members of the House of Representatives were like kindergarten children.
We see how our House members behave. They fight with one another, sleep during House sessions, and so on.
What Ibas did is nothing new. Many other lawmakers left the plenary session that day to devote themselves to other duties.
Ibas’ behavior is an interesting point of discussion because he is the President’s son. Therefore, he needs to set a better example and show that he respects the House.
Good leadership can be exhibited through a simple way of life.
Sorowako, South Jakarta
Nowadays, it is hard to find honest and kind people. President SBY’s son did not give of his best to his job and he has set a bad example to the public. In short, it was an embarrassing display.
We are disappointed with him and we hope it will not happen again.
He must set the best example for the public.
He must be disciplined in carrying out his job; all the more so because he is the son of the President.
In a bid to improve public services, Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo installed 20 city government officials as part of a major reshuffle on Thursday that saw the reassignment of the South Jakarta mayor to the Jakarta Library and Regional Archives Agency. What do you think?
Send your thoughts by email, SMS, Twitter or Facebook.
Include your name and city.
- Convenient confusion: Indonesia's incorporation of international law
- Govt to allow nickel ore, bauxite exports under new rules
- Doctor Strange is not Sherlock with magic, says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Leessang’s Kang Gary to leave ‘Running Man’
- Govt foils attempts to smuggle Rp 33.15b worth lobster seeds
- Indonesia-Australia continue to strengthen cooperation: Bishop
- Myanmar most generous country in the world
- Ahok officially transfers office to acting governor
- Indonesia up 15 places in Ease of Doing Business index
- Hundreds stranded in Manado Port because of bootleg liquor raid