Public may sue govt for concentration of media ownership
The Jakarta Post
The government may face a lawsuit for allowing television stations to become increasingly concentrated under a handful of owners and for standing idle as media outlets are used to promote political interests ahead of the 2014 elections, an official says.
Media regulator PR2Media chairman Amir Efendi Siregar said that Law No. 32/2002 on broadcasting guidelines and broadcast program standards...
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi's visit to Australia 'special': Foreign Ministry
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- Democracy ‘gone too far’: Jokowi
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Transportation Ministry to issue NOTAM for King Salman’s arrival
- Construction of new Semanggi overpass to take only a month