Public may sue govt for concentration of media ownership
The Jakarta Post
The government may face a lawsuit for allowing television stations to become increasingly concentrated under a handful of owners and for standing idle as media outlets are used to promote political interests ahead of the 2014 elections, an official says.
Media regulator PR2Media chairman Amir Efendi Siregar said that Law No. 32/2002 on broadcasting guidelines and broadcast program standards...
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence