Public may sue govt for concentration of media ownership
The Jakarta Post
The government may face a lawsuit for allowing television stations to become increasingly concentrated under a handful of owners and for standing idle as media outlets are used to promote political interests ahead of the 2014 elections, an official says.
Media regulator PR2Media chairman Amir Efendi Siregar said that Law No. 32/2002 on broadcasting guidelines and broadcast program standards...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens