Public may sue govt for concentration of media ownership
The Jakarta Post
The government may face a lawsuit for allowing television stations to become increasingly concentrated under a handful of owners and for standing idle as media outlets are used to promote political interests ahead of the 2014 elections, an official says.
Media regulator PR2Media chairman Amir Efendi Siregar said that Law No. 32/2002 on broadcasting guidelines and broadcast program standards...
- Government deregulates several policies for foreign cruise ships
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- People are delusional about PKI: Law and human rights minister