Public may sue govt for concentration of media ownership
The Jakarta Post
The government may face a lawsuit for allowing television stations to become increasingly concentrated under a handful of owners and for standing idle as media outlets are used to promote political interests ahead of the 2014 elections, an official says.
Media regulator PR2Media chairman Amir Efendi Siregar said that Law No. 32/2002 on broadcasting guidelines and broadcast program standards...
- Liam Gallagher postpones Jakarta concert date
- Cut! Regulators at odds with censors
- Ahok donates Rp 200 million for dancing fountain renovation
- Redenomination not in near future: Jokowi
- Why RCEP is more dangerous than Bilateral Investment Treaties
- SBY welcomes Prabowo to meeting with 'nasi goreng'
- Papuan student jailed for resisting arrest in Yogyakarta
- Dutch national arrested over alleged hashish possession
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police
- Bali sees increase in number of European tourists