Democratic Party faces woes on merger with smaller rival
Bagus BT Saragih and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Democratic Party officials are downplaying talk that the honeymoon for a planned merger with the New Indonesian National Sovereignty Party (PKBIB) may be over before it has begun.
Some members of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s ruling party have reportedly been afraid that the merger would mean that PKBIB members would replace them on legislative tickets touted by the Democratic Par...
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Israeli firm offers 'anti-terrorism' adventure to tourists
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Teater Koma stages latest play ‘Warisan’ in silence