Democratic Party faces woes on merger with smaller rival
Bagus BT Saragih and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Democratic Party officials are downplaying talk that the honeymoon for a planned merger with the New Indonesian National Sovereignty Party (PKBIB) may be over before it has begun.
Some members of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s ruling party have reportedly been afraid that the merger would mean that PKBIB members would replace them on legislative tickets touted by the Democratic Par...
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target