Democratic Party faces woes on merger with smaller rival
Bagus BT Saragih and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Democratic Party officials are downplaying talk that the honeymoon for a planned merger with the New Indonesian National Sovereignty Party (PKBIB) may be over before it has begun.
Some members of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s ruling party have reportedly been afraid that the merger would mean that PKBIB members would replace them on legislative tickets touted by the Democratic Par...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden