Susno posts Youtube video
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Former national police detective chief Comr. Gen
(ret) Susno Duadji published a video to Youtube rather than serve his jail term following the Supreme
Court's rejection of his appeal.
The video was uploaded through an account under the name Yohana Celia. However, it was not indicated when and where the video was made. In the 15-minute video, Susno said that he was currently in West Java, meeting with supporters of his legislative candidacy with the Crescent Star Party (PBB).
'I am in good health and not running. I am not in the public eye to prevent an illegal arrest,' said Susno, as quoted by Kompas.com.
Susno had been sentenced to three-and-a-half years in jail and a fine of Rp 200 million after being proven guilty of general election security funds misappropriation while he was West Java police chief and receiving bribe money during the investigation of PT Salmah Arowana Lestari (SAL) investment scam.
Susno rejected the sentence on the grounds of administrative flaws in the court's ruling.(asw/dic)
You might also like :
- Convicted drug smuggler Corby returns to Australia from Bali
- Man nabbed for spreading fake chat impersonating top cops
- Police arrest another man with suspected links to E. Jakarta bombings
- New rule could give banks more headaches
- Girl locked up for days by new Facebook friend in West Jakarta
- Three dead as truck rams into motorcyclists in Medan
- Investigation of helicopter procurement graft might target higher officials
- Extraordinary measures needed to root out terrorists: BIN chief
- Jakarta train stations to provide passengers with 'takjil'
- North Jakarta sees 45 fires in four months