Susno posts Youtube video
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Former national police detective chief Comr. Gen
(ret) Susno Duadji published a video to Youtube rather than serve his jail term following the Supreme
Court's rejection of his appeal.
The video was uploaded through an account under the name Yohana Celia. However, it was not indicated when and where the video was made. In the 15-minute video, Susno said that he was currently in West Java, meeting with supporters of his legislative candidacy with the Crescent Star Party (PBB).
'I am in good health and not running. I am not in the public eye to prevent an illegal arrest,' said Susno, as quoted by Kompas.com.
Susno had been sentenced to three-and-a-half years in jail and a fine of Rp 200 million after being proven guilty of general election security funds misappropriation while he was West Java police chief and receiving bribe money during the investigation of PT Salmah Arowana Lestari (SAL) investment scam.
Susno rejected the sentence on the grounds of administrative flaws in the court's ruling.(asw/dic)
You might also like :
- Sandiaga vows to embrace Ahok supporters
- Man wearing condom found dead in hotel room
- Jokowi may reshuffle Cabinet: Researcher
- EDITORIAL: Transition in progress
- Retail brands from China defying stereotype to set up shop in Singapore
- France begins voting in presidential poll amid high security
- Ahok offered to assist in transition process: Anies
- Indonesia cements reserves, braces for Federal Reserve rate hike
- Indonesia does not need caliphate, MUI chief says amid social media frenzy
- Indonesian students win top honors at science competition in Germany