Text your say: Susno avoids jail
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Your comments on the court documentation errors that have led graft convict Comr. Gen. (ret.) Susno Duadji and his lawyers to resist prosecutors' attempts to put him in jail:
Any reason to avoid arrest! The question is: will we allow it?
Eddy Arjuna Zainy
To err is human. The same is true with court documentation errors.
Now the question is: Is Susno Duadji guilty or not? If he is, put him in jail.
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has ordered this for Susno. Do it.
It is natural that a convict dislikes being jailed, but totally unacceptable that the police abet this criminal to defy the law, especially when this crook was one of them.
This means they aim to keep the police force rotten.
Susno has served his country for so long as a policeman; and as such it is to be expected that he would be able to disappear and reappear at will without being easily noticed.
His police colleagues, however, should not be so easily fooled. Except of course that birds of a feather stick together. Especially when he believes that he has a chance in the upcoming elections; he will reappear with his wealth.
Only totally clean hands can force Susno to serve his appropriate jail sentence.
Here again we can see the government being tested to the core!
It appears that nobody listens to the Supreme Court either. Only in Indonesia.
It is a disgusting abuse of police powers. This will go around the world following on the case of the policeman in Bali requesting bribes from a Dutchman.
Tourists and business people will think twice about visiting and investing in Indonesia. The police chief should be stood down immediately and charged with hindering the course of justice.
Walter John Gomm
What a joke, bring on the clowns. It's a farce, he should be in jail. What's wrong with these people?
The Regional Environmentally Sustainable Transport (EST) Forum in Nusa Dua, Bali, has recommended a vehicle quota system to help achieve the Three Zeros ' Zero Congestion, Zero Pollution and Zero Accidents. What do you think?
Send your thoughts by email, SMS, Twitter or Facebook. Include your name and city.
tjpforum SMS +628111872772 [email protected]
You might also like :
- Muslims celebrate Islamic New Year to promote tolerance
- Schools facing closure after allowing students to take part in 'gladiator fight': Komnas Anak
- Auditor arrested for Harley Davidson gift
- Trump's threat akin to `sound of a dog barking': North Korea
- Indonesia’s U-16 inch closer to AFC berth after beating Thailand 1-0
- Police arrest two suspects allegedly involved in high school “gladiator” fight
- iOS 11 Control Center Wi-Fi, Bluetooth shortcuts may be security risk, say experts
- Indonesian FM Retno Marsudi receives UN Agent of Change award
- SOEs urged to accelerate development of Kuala Tanjung industrial park
- US threatens new sanction on North Korea