Students protest new tuition fee in C. Java
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Students of Jenderal Soedirman University (Unsoed) in Purwokerto, Central Java, filed a complaint to the university's dean, Edy Yuwono, to protest the tuition fees hike.
The students, who got together under the Save Soedirman group, demanded an explanation from Edy on the new tuition fees system, called UKT, saying that the system was against the ruling issued by the Directorate General of Higher Education (DIKTI).
"We reject the UKT and urge the dean to abort the system. On Dec. 17, 2012, the dean signed an agreement that stated he would include students in every UKT discussion [but he failed to do so]," Save Soedirman's coordinator Munirah Dinayati told reporters on Thursday.
She said that Unsoed had also applied fees apart from the tuition fee. Edy refused to comment on the issue, while Unsoed's spokeswoman Endang Istianti said the university would consider the students' complaint before taking necessary steps.
You might also like :
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Violent deaths overshadow Nicaragua crisis talks
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Police end probe into blasphemy allegations against Sukmawati
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Chinese restaurant goes bankrupt after all-you-can-eat promo
- Mother's coffin falls on pallbearers, kills son in South Sulawesi funeral
- Trump threatened to send 25 million Mexicans to Japan: report
- Khong Guan cookie tin family mystery gets new explanation this Idul Fitri
- Greece, Macedonia sign historic deal to end name row