Students protest new tuition fee in C. Java
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Students of Jenderal Soedirman University (Unsoed) in Purwokerto, Central Java, filed a complaint to the university's dean, Edy Yuwono, to protest the tuition fees hike.
The students, who got together under the Save Soedirman group, demanded an explanation from Edy on the new tuition fees system, called UKT, saying that the system was against the ruling issued by the Directorate General of Higher Education (DIKTI).
"We reject the UKT and urge the dean to abort the system. On Dec. 17, 2012, the dean signed an agreement that stated he would include students in every UKT discussion [but he failed to do so]," Save Soedirman's coordinator Munirah Dinayati told reporters on Thursday.
She said that Unsoed had also applied fees apart from the tuition fee. Edy refused to comment on the issue, while Unsoed's spokeswoman Endang Istianti said the university would consider the students' complaint before taking necessary steps.
You might also like :
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- Minister Susi to display 10 arrested foreign-flagged fishing vessels