Car, watch confiscated in Fathanah probe
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has confiscated a Honda Jazz and a watch said to be given to adult magazine model Vitalia Sesha by Ahmad Fathanah, an aide to former Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) chair Luthfi Hasan Ishaaq.
'According to Vitalia, the car and Chopard watch were given by Ahmad Fathanah to her as a friend,' the commission's spokesperson Johan Budi said on Monday, as quoted by Antara news agency.
The Swiss-made watch is worth around Rp 70 million (US$7,200).
On Friday, actress Khadijah Azhari, popularly known as Ayu Azhari, handed over Rp 20 million and $1,800 in cash she received from Fathanah to the KPK.
'The money, according to her (Ayu), she was to perform in an event. While the event has not taken place she was given a down payment in cash,' said Johan on Friday.
Fathanah and four others, including Luthfi Hasan Ishaaq, are graft suspects in the case of the government-run beef importation scam. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Jokowi maintains merciless stance on drug dealers
- Odd-even traffic policy at Cikampek toll road to be implemented in morning