Economy in brief: New Mazda VX-1 hits the road
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: PT Mazda Motor Indonesia (MMI) expects the sales of the Mazda VX-1 multi purpose vehicle (MPV) officially launched in Jakarta on Saturday will help the company achieve its target to sell 16,000 cars this year.
MMI president director Kezio Okue said the company was upbeat it would be able to sell at least 3,600 units of the new Mazda VX-1 car this year. 'We call it a social car for a social ride,' he explained.
'Through this new model, we hope to reach a new market segment in Indonesia,' he added.
Astrid Ariani, the company's senior marketing manager, said that the company had received a flow of orders for the new MPV model, which comes in two types with six different color options.
The V-Grade type is sold at Rp 178.8 million (US$18,416) and the R-Grade is sold at Rp 191 million for the consumer in the Greater Jakarta area. The sales of the new car are expected to reach 450 units at the end of this month, Astrid said.
You might also like :
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- South Korean national involved in fatal crash in South Jakarta
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival
- Aceh highlights traditional cuisine to promote halal tourism
- Four university staff, students suspected as HTI supporters