Economy in brief: New Mazda VX-1 hits the road
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: PT Mazda Motor Indonesia (MMI) expects the sales of the Mazda VX-1 multi purpose vehicle (MPV) officially launched in Jakarta on Saturday will help the company achieve its target to sell 16,000 cars this year.
MMI president director Kezio Okue said the company was upbeat it would be able to sell at least 3,600 units of the new Mazda VX-1 car this year. 'We call it a social car for a social ride,' he explained.
'Through this new model, we hope to reach a new market segment in Indonesia,' he added.
Astrid Ariani, the company's senior marketing manager, said that the company had received a flow of orders for the new MPV model, which comes in two types with six different color options.
The V-Grade type is sold at Rp 178.8 million (US$18,416) and the R-Grade is sold at Rp 191 million for the consumer in the Greater Jakarta area. The sales of the new car are expected to reach 450 units at the end of this month, Astrid said.
You might also like :
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi's visit to Australia 'special': Foreign Ministry
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- Democracy ‘gone too far’: Jokowi
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Indonesia seeks Saudi Arabia’s support to develop Sumatra tourism
- Transportation Ministry to issue NOTAM for King Salman’s arrival