Densus 88 arrest two bomb makers in C. Java
The Jakarta Post
The National Police's counterterrorism unit, Densus 88, arrested two bomb makers in Central Java on Tuesday.
National Police spokesperson Brig. Gen. Boy Rafli Amar said that the bomb makers, identified as Samidi alias Arifin and Slamet Pilih Utomo, were believed to have links with Badri Hartono, who planned an attack in Surakarta, Central Java, last year.
"Densus 88 arrested Samidi in Bancarkembar, Purwokerto, and Slamet in Surakarta. They are known as nitroglycerin bomb experts," Boy said in Jakarta on Tuesday.
"We confiscated some of their nitroglycerin bomb-making materials when we arrested Badri last year," Boy added.
"Badri's group is connected to Santoso. Both of them were involved with terrorist paramilitary training in Poso, Central Sulawesi," Boy said, referring to the Poso terror mastermind who is now on the run.
You might also like :
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Sharp Indonesia introduces new 12kg capacity washing machines
- Indonesian women's group issues edict against child marriage