LEN eyes 12 percent growth this year
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
State electronic maker PT LEN Industri expects a double digit increase in its total revenues this year thanks to an increase in the number of projects the company has secured during the year.
LEN Industri president director and CEO Abraham Mose said the company's revenues, which totaled only about Rp 500 billion in 2008, rose to Rp 2.33 trillion in 2012. This year, the total revenues were expected to further increase by 11 to Rp 2.6 trillion, he added.
At present, LEN is working on projects including the much anticipated monorail project that will link Jakarta and its greater area, Jakarta's planned Mass Rapid Transit (MRT), and a double-track between Cirebon, West Java and Surabaya, East Java.
"We have recently launched the prototype of the monorail that has been built with our indoor control system and RFID [Radio Frequency Identification] in Madiun [East Java]. We are optimistic that we will be able to market the monorail and the system in the next two years," Abraham said in Jakarta on Tuesday.
The monorail is going to stretch some 36 kilometers with routes linking Cawang and East Bekasi, Cibubur and Kuningan.
For the MRT project, he said the firm is currently engaging in discussions with several companies from Japan in a bid to better deliver the system.
Apart from transportation, LEN is completing the combat management system for Indonesia's warships, as requested by the Defense Ministry.
You might also like :
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence