Yogyakarta state universities enroll 7,551 students
The Jakarta Post
Three state universities in Yogyakarta ' Gadjah Mada University (UGM), Sunan Kalijaga State Islamic University (UIN), and Yogyakarta State University (UNY) ' will enroll 7,551 students selected via the national entrance test for state universities(SNMPTN) for the 2013/2014 academic year.
The SNMPTN results published via mass media, on Monday, stated that UGM would enroll 3,318 students, followed by UNY with 2,738 students and 1,505 at UIN.
'We have selected 2,738 candidates via SNMPTN or 50 percent of the total new students we will enroll this year,' said UNY rector, Rochmat Wahab, on Tuesday.
Student candidates selected via the SNMPTN should attend a verification process, scheduled to take place on June 18-19. Their enrollments will lapse if they fail to follow the procedure.
To verify their enrollments, 3,318 student candidates selected through the SNMPTN in UGM have to submit required documents, such as exam IDs, ID cards or passports, exam pass letters and health certificates.
'The documents should be submitted during the registration process on June 18-19 at the university's academic directorate,' said UGM public relations officer, Wiwit Wijayanti.
She said the student candidates were also required to take Academic Potential (TPA) and TOEFL tests, scheduled to take place in UGM's campus from June 18 to 19.
Wiwit added the university would also enroll 1,997 students selected via the Joint Entrance Test for State Universities (SBMPTN) and 1,331 via the independent enrollment test 'Seleksi Mandiri UGM'. (asw/ebf)
You might also like :
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- Ten-year-old India rape victim gives birth to baby girl
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day