Jakarta Fair may move to Monas next year
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The city administration is mulling options of new venues that could host the Jakarta Fair, one of the biggest fairs in Indonesia, which is held during the month marking the capital's anniversary.
"It might be Monas [National Monument in Central Jakarta] or Ancol [North Jakarta], we haven't decided yet. Whichever, the Jakarta Fair should be able to accommodate small and medium enterprises and be a festive occasion," Governor Joko "Jokowi" Widodo told reporters in Jakarta on Wednesday.
Jokowi pointed out that the implementation of Regional Creative Products Week (PPKD) to be held at Silang Monas from Friday to Sunday, would be a trial.
"We will hold the regional creative products week at Silang Monas this year, as a potential site for the new Jakarta Fair that includes small and medium enterprises.
"We want to see how many booths Monas can accommodate, what kind of businesses suit the venue, as well as the capacity of the parking lot and other economic calculations," Jokowi said.
You might also like :
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- US man stole thumb of Chinese terracotta warrior statue
- Emirates to launch new Dubai-Bali-Auckland service
- Tasting Bali-based Locavore’s award-winning cuisine in Jakarta