Issue of the day: China's MA60 in the spotlight again
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
June 11, p1
The safety and airworthiness of the Chinese-made Xian MA60 twin turboprop aircraft is again being questioned after it was involved in two separate accidents in Indonesia and Myanmar on Monday.
An MA60 operated by Merpati Nusantara Airlines (MNA) hard-landed in Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara, while another aircraft operated by Myanmar Airlines swerved off the runway in Kawthaung, Myanmar.
MNA corporate secretary Herry Saptanto said the aircraft, registration PK-MZO, had a hard landing at Kupang's El Tari Airport at about 9:40 a.m. local time (8:40 a.m. Jakarta time).
Flight MZ 6517 from Bajawa, on Flores Island, was carrying 45 adult passengers, an infant and four crew members identified as Capt. Aditya Prio Joewono, co-pilot Au Yong Vun Pin and flight attendants Lanny Wulandari and Anesa Purwanti.
I flew on this MA60 two weeks ago on a return flight from Kupang to Ruteng.
I'd say that Chinese technology is not that advanced in terms of manufacturing aircraft.
Especially on landing, the plane dropped onto the runway.
Easy to buy, difficult to maintain. The live span of aircraft depends on the maintenance process.
Goods made in China are cheaper because of cheaper labor.
The products are all produced under the requirement and quality assurance of Boeing US.
China has well-trained workers and a skilled team.
It's made in China, what more can I say?
It's up to corporations, which in this case, Merpati, to monitor its quality control over its planes.
Have some common sense, you can make it in America or anywhere in the world but if the corporation hires low-skilled labor, it will come up as inferior products.
I don't care if it's Boeing, it's up to the corporation hiring the experienced skilled labor, not the country or the government.
For example, if you go to an American hospital and are seen by an inexperienced doctor who then makes a mistake with your health, the hospital as the owner or entity is responsible, as it monitors the quality of its doctors.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says