Islands in focus: NTB police await autopsy on Swiss tourist
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
MATARAM: The West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) Police are still waiting for family approval to carry out an autopsy on the body of a Swiss tourist before conducting a thorough investigation into his death.
On June 19, the 52-year-old man, identified only as Ivo, was found lying unconscious on Kuta Beach in Central Lombok.
He died a few hours later after being treated at a community health center in Kuta. 'The body is currently at the Bhayangkara Hospital. We have contacted the Swiss embassy so they can immediately contact the family for autopsy approval,' said NTB Police spokesman Adj. Sr. Comr. Sukarman Husen on Monday in Mataram.
'When local residents found him [Ivo], his body was bruised. We cannot tell what caused the bruises before conducting an autopsy,' he said, adding that the police had questioned five witnesses.
According to the witnesses, Ivo had been staying at the Dinda Hotel since June 16. The night before the incident, Ivo was seen drinking at a cafÃ© in Kuta.
You might also like :
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey