Islands in focus: NTB police await autopsy on Swiss tourist
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
MATARAM: The West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) Police are still waiting for family approval to carry out an autopsy on the body of a Swiss tourist before conducting a thorough investigation into his death.
On June 19, the 52-year-old man, identified only as Ivo, was found lying unconscious on Kuta Beach in Central Lombok.
He died a few hours later after being treated at a community health center in Kuta. 'The body is currently at the Bhayangkara Hospital. We have contacted the Swiss embassy so they can immediately contact the family for autopsy approval,' said NTB Police spokesman Adj. Sr. Comr. Sukarman Husen on Monday in Mataram.
'When local residents found him [Ivo], his body was bruised. We cannot tell what caused the bruises before conducting an autopsy,' he said, adding that the police had questioned five witnesses.
According to the witnesses, Ivo had been staying at the Dinda Hotel since June 16. The night before the incident, Ivo was seen drinking at a cafÃ© in Kuta.
- Parties launch diversity campaign, counter anti-Ahok rally
- Setya Novanto, Surya Paloh stand up for diversity after anti-Ahok rally
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
- Ahok supporters lambasted for bringing party attributes to Car Free Day
- Transjakarta summons operator for allegedly renting out buses for political gathering
- In remote Indian village, cannabis is its only livelihood
- Jokowi feels euphoria on pitch after victory over Vietnam
- Four dead, one missing as storms lash southern Thailand
- First victim found, 12 remain missing in police plane crash
- Ill-fated police plane carrying 13 exploded after hitting water: Witnesses