Dul's girlfriend questioned over fatal accident
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have questioned Fajrina 'Arin' Khairiza, 14, the girlfriend of musician Ahmad Dhani's youngest son, identified only as Dul,13, who has been named the suspect in a fatal traffic accident on the Jagorawi toll road, which killed six people and injured nine others.
Arin's father, Sugeng Suparwoto, said he had accompanied his daughter for questioning and acknowledged that he was impressed with the police's handling of the situation.
'Arin was questioned today [Friday]. As a parent, I was impressed by how the investigators ran the questioning session,' Sugeng said as quoted by tribunnews.com on Friday.
He then said that he stood alongside his daughter while speaking with journalists as she was a minor.
'Please understand that she is still underage. We need to accompany Arin to provide her with psychological support so she can get through this,'he said.
He added that Arin was physically OK but was feeling stressed due to coming under the media spotlight since the accident.
'The questioning was held at [Jakarta] Police headquarters. I fully support the police's investigation into the case,' he said without elaborating further. (hrl/dic)
- Prenup rule for mixed marriages abolished
- Philippine leader Duterte says God told him to stop cursing
- Jessica’s trial: Soccer-like atmosphere and bursts of deranged mysticism
- Indonesia wins third at Miss International pageant
- Indonesia, Australia reaffirm commitment to security ties
- 'Don't talk to much', Kalla tells Ahok ahead of campaign start
- Karpowership, PAL to build power ships to light up Indonesia
- Two Malaysians arrested for allegedly smuggling drugs to Bali
- Indonesia’s wooing of China pays off
- Indonesia, Australia to strengthen military ties