Dul's girlfriend questioned over fatal accident
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have questioned Fajrina 'Arin' Khairiza, 14, the girlfriend of musician Ahmad Dhani's youngest son, identified only as Dul,13, who has been named the suspect in a fatal traffic accident on the Jagorawi toll road, which killed six people and injured nine others.
Arin's father, Sugeng Suparwoto, said he had accompanied his daughter for questioning and acknowledged that he was impressed with the police's handling of the situation.
'Arin was questioned today [Friday]. As a parent, I was impressed by how the investigators ran the questioning session,' Sugeng said as quoted by tribunnews.com on Friday.
He then said that he stood alongside his daughter while speaking with journalists as she was a minor.
'Please understand that she is still underage. We need to accompany Arin to provide her with psychological support so she can get through this,'he said.
He added that Arin was physically OK but was feeling stressed due to coming under the media spotlight since the accident.
'The questioning was held at [Jakarta] Police headquarters. I fully support the police's investigation into the case,' he said without elaborating further. (hrl/dic)
- Protesters put pressure on Metro TV, Kompas TV over ‘biased reporting’
- Islamic religious texts must be read in context to understand blasphemy
- LIVE REPORT: Anti-Ahok rally
- 8 arrested on treason charges ahead of rally
- Hard for Ahok to bounce back: Expert
- N. Sumatra governor fires official after intimidation from angry anti-Ahok crowd
- Singer Ahmad Dhani, activists declared treason suspects
- Thousands of worshipers flock to Monas for anti-Ahok gathering
- Government urged to control flood of textile imports from China
- C.Java protesters demand Ahok’s immediate incarceration