City to host another free art event to boost tourism
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo says the city is gearing up to present another free art event to promote Jakarta as a tourism and cultural hub. The event, dubbed the Jakarta International Performing Arts (JAKIPA) festival, is slated to take place on Sept. 28-29 at the National Monument (Monas).
Jokowi said he hoped that the festival would encourage residents to gain greater appreciation for artistic performances as well as nurturing an image of Jakarta as a vibrant tourist destination.
'Besides local performers, audiences will also get to see performers from other countries including Belarus, Germany, the United States and Vietnam,' he said at City Hall on Wednesday as quoted by tempo.co.
Among the 350 local and international performers who have confirmed their attendance at the upcoming festival are jazz musician Craig Burton; Acapella Mataraman from Yogyakarta; the Reog traditional dance group from Ponorogo; the Sakya Kitri dance group from Palembang; the Melintang traditional dance group from Lampung, and the Wayang Kampung Sebelah puppet show from Sukoharjo.(hrl/dic)
You might also like :
- Taipei guide: Four places where fireflies light up the night sky
- Duterte says he can be 50 times more brutal than terrorists
- Six Singaporean military personnel deported after Batam raid
- Bali declared world's top destination for 2017
- Norwegian man caught stealing iPhone at Garuda lounge
- Nearing 100-day mark, Trump says milestone not 'meaningful'
- Kanye West, adidas announce launch of newest Yeezy sneakers
- The sad saga of North Korea's ATMs
- French stocks soar to near-decade highs as Macron tops poll
- World Bank, AIIB ink MoU to strengthen cooperation