City to host another free art event to boost tourism
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo says the city is gearing up to present another free art event to promote Jakarta as a tourism and cultural hub. The event, dubbed the Jakarta International Performing Arts (JAKIPA) festival, is slated to take place on Sept. 28-29 at the National Monument (Monas).
Jokowi said he hoped that the festival would encourage residents to gain greater appreciation for artistic performances as well as nurturing an image of Jakarta as a vibrant tourist destination.
'Besides local performers, audiences will also get to see performers from other countries including Belarus, Germany, the United States and Vietnam,' he said at City Hall on Wednesday as quoted by tempo.co.
Among the 350 local and international performers who have confirmed their attendance at the upcoming festival are jazz musician Craig Burton; Acapella Mataraman from Yogyakarta; the Reog traditional dance group from Ponorogo; the Sakya Kitri dance group from Palembang; the Melintang traditional dance group from Lampung, and the Wayang Kampung Sebelah puppet show from Sukoharjo.(hrl/dic)
You might also like :
- Ahok-Djarot campaign team objects to leave requirement
- Traffic to be rerouted during Saudi king’s visit
- House prepares deluxe welcome for King Salman’s 30 minute visit
- King Salman arrives in Jakarta
- Mimika regent wants Freeport to construct smelter in regency
- 150 chefs readied for Saudi King's visit in Indonesia
- Jokowi warns businesspeople to join tax amnesty or face law enforcement
- Deradicalization efforts failing: Police
- Indonesia, Saudi Arabia aim to strengthen bilateral ties
- Acehnese drug dealer shot dead