City to host another free art event to boost tourism
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo says the city is gearing up to present another free art event to promote Jakarta as a tourism and cultural hub. The event, dubbed the Jakarta International Performing Arts (JAKIPA) festival, is slated to take place on Sept. 28-29 at the National Monument (Monas).
Jokowi said he hoped that the festival would encourage residents to gain greater appreciation for artistic performances as well as nurturing an image of Jakarta as a vibrant tourist destination.
'Besides local performers, audiences will also get to see performers from other countries including Belarus, Germany, the United States and Vietnam,' he said at City Hall on Wednesday as quoted by tempo.co.
Among the 350 local and international performers who have confirmed their attendance at the upcoming festival are jazz musician Craig Burton; Acapella Mataraman from Yogyakarta; the Reog traditional dance group from Ponorogo; the Sakya Kitri dance group from Palembang; the Melintang traditional dance group from Lampung, and the Wayang Kampung Sebelah puppet show from Sukoharjo.(hrl/dic)
You might also like :
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- House to set up team to monitor rice import policy
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- Government to slash subsidy for railway pioneer routes
- Prime Mum-ister: New Zealand PM says she's having a baby
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks
- Govt to facilitate salt imports
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis