City to host another free art event to boost tourism
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo says the city is gearing up to present another free art event to promote Jakarta as a tourism and cultural hub. The event, dubbed the Jakarta International Performing Arts (JAKIPA) festival, is slated to take place on Sept. 28-29 at the National Monument (Monas).
Jokowi said he hoped that the festival would encourage residents to gain greater appreciation for artistic performances as well as nurturing an image of Jakarta as a vibrant tourist destination.
'Besides local performers, audiences will also get to see performers from other countries including Belarus, Germany, the United States and Vietnam,' he said at City Hall on Wednesday as quoted by tempo.co.
Among the 350 local and international performers who have confirmed their attendance at the upcoming festival are jazz musician Craig Burton; Acapella Mataraman from Yogyakarta; the Reog traditional dance group from Ponorogo; the Sakya Kitri dance group from Palembang; the Melintang traditional dance group from Lampung, and the Wayang Kampung Sebelah puppet show from Sukoharjo.(hrl/dic)
You might also like :
- Jember airport development kicks off
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- Airport train to start operating in November
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Government to construct loop lines to eliminate railway crossings
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Bakrie Sumatera to focus on debt restructuring plan