Ferries ready for Idul Adha: ASDP Indonesia
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
State-owned seaport operator PT ASDP Indonesia Ferry says it has prepared 42 ferries to anticipate a rise in Idul Adha passenger numbers and vehicles.
The number of sailings it will operate on the Merak-Bakauheni route from Friday this week will be between 26 and 28 per day.
'Based on last year's experience, the number of passengers and vehicles taking ferries to travel the Merak-Bakauheni route during the Idul Adha holiday is expected to increase; however, it will not cause very long queues like those during this year's Idul Fitri celebration,' said operational manager of ASDP Indonesia's Bakauheni branch, Heru Purwanto, in Bakauheni, South Lampung, on Wednesday as quoted by Antara news agency.
ASDP Indonesia has predicted that passenger traffic during Idul Adha could be categorized as normal and within the capacity of 26 to 28 sailings.
'We will increase the number of ships and sailing frequency only if we consider there is a significant rise in passenger traffic density,' said Heru.
He predicted there would be a significant increase in private cars and motorcycles traveling on the Merak-Bakauheni route during Idul Adha while the number of passengers traveling on buses would only slightly increase.
Heru said that weather conditions in the northern Sunda Strait would be unlikely to affect the operation of ferries on the route.(ebf)
You might also like :
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources