Ferries ready for Idul Adha: ASDP Indonesia
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
State-owned seaport operator PT ASDP Indonesia Ferry says it has prepared 42 ferries to anticipate a rise in Idul Adha passenger numbers and vehicles.
The number of sailings it will operate on the Merak-Bakauheni route from Friday this week will be between 26 and 28 per day.
'Based on last year's experience, the number of passengers and vehicles taking ferries to travel the Merak-Bakauheni route during the Idul Adha holiday is expected to increase; however, it will not cause very long queues like those during this year's Idul Fitri celebration,' said operational manager of ASDP Indonesia's Bakauheni branch, Heru Purwanto, in Bakauheni, South Lampung, on Wednesday as quoted by Antara news agency.
ASDP Indonesia has predicted that passenger traffic during Idul Adha could be categorized as normal and within the capacity of 26 to 28 sailings.
'We will increase the number of ships and sailing frequency only if we consider there is a significant rise in passenger traffic density,' said Heru.
He predicted there would be a significant increase in private cars and motorcycles traveling on the Merak-Bakauheni route during Idul Adha while the number of passengers traveling on buses would only slightly increase.
Heru said that weather conditions in the northern Sunda Strait would be unlikely to affect the operation of ferries on the route.(ebf)
You might also like :
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Bandung wants more than ceremonial switch-off