Ferries ready for Idul Adha: ASDP Indonesia
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
State-owned seaport operator PT ASDP Indonesia Ferry says it has prepared 42 ferries to anticipate a rise in Idul Adha passenger numbers and vehicles.
The number of sailings it will operate on the Merak-Bakauheni route from Friday this week will be between 26 and 28 per day.
'Based on last year's experience, the number of passengers and vehicles taking ferries to travel the Merak-Bakauheni route during the Idul Adha holiday is expected to increase; however, it will not cause very long queues like those during this year's Idul Fitri celebration,' said operational manager of ASDP Indonesia's Bakauheni branch, Heru Purwanto, in Bakauheni, South Lampung, on Wednesday as quoted by Antara news agency.
ASDP Indonesia has predicted that passenger traffic during Idul Adha could be categorized as normal and within the capacity of 26 to 28 sailings.
'We will increase the number of ships and sailing frequency only if we consider there is a significant rise in passenger traffic density,' said Heru.
He predicted there would be a significant increase in private cars and motorcycles traveling on the Merak-Bakauheni route during Idul Adha while the number of passengers traveling on buses would only slightly increase.
Heru said that weather conditions in the northern Sunda Strait would be unlikely to affect the operation of ferries on the route.(ebf)
You might also like :
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga