Medan to host annual palm oil conference
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Around 600 delegates from 30 countries comprising stakeholders from all sectors in the palm oil industry will attend the 11th annual meeting of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) in Medan, North Sumatra, in November.
The three-day conference themed: 'RSPO Standard 2013: Understand. Apply. Embrace', will see speeches, presentations and panel discussions from key experts around the world, including Global Food Security champion Tim Benton and Alain Rival, coordinator for palm oil research at French Centre for International Cooperation in Agricultural Research for Development (CIRAD).
This year's roundtable meeting (RT 11) will also focus on communicating to RSPO members the organization's revised principles and criteria (P&C), which are revised every five years, according to a press statement.
The revisions are part of the RSPO's continuing effort to improve the relevance and effectiveness of the P&C for its members in the journey toward achieving the organization's vision and mission.
You might also like :
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Business selling expired food in West Jakarta had Rp 6 billion turnover: Police
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- Bank Mandiri to distribute student loans
- Coal domestic price policy to affect state revenue: Officials