Medan to host annual palm oil conference
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Around 600 delegates from 30 countries comprising stakeholders from all sectors in the palm oil industry will attend the 11th annual meeting of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) in Medan, North Sumatra, in November.
The three-day conference themed: 'RSPO Standard 2013: Understand. Apply. Embrace', will see speeches, presentations and panel discussions from key experts around the world, including Global Food Security champion Tim Benton and Alain Rival, coordinator for palm oil research at French Centre for International Cooperation in Agricultural Research for Development (CIRAD).
This year's roundtable meeting (RT 11) will also focus on communicating to RSPO members the organization's revised principles and criteria (P&C), which are revised every five years, according to a press statement.
The revisions are part of the RSPO's continuing effort to improve the relevance and effectiveness of the P&C for its members in the journey toward achieving the organization's vision and mission.
You might also like :
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- House inquiry team to meet National Police to ‘straighten things out’
- Facebook gets Indonesia nod for local unit
- Police question witnesses following Kerobokan prison escape