Medan to host annual palm oil conference
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Around 600 delegates from 30 countries comprising stakeholders from all sectors in the palm oil industry will attend the 11th annual meeting of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) in Medan, North Sumatra, in November.
The three-day conference themed: 'RSPO Standard 2013: Understand. Apply. Embrace', will see speeches, presentations and panel discussions from key experts around the world, including Global Food Security champion Tim Benton and Alain Rival, coordinator for palm oil research at French Centre for International Cooperation in Agricultural Research for Development (CIRAD).
This year's roundtable meeting (RT 11) will also focus on communicating to RSPO members the organization's revised principles and criteria (P&C), which are revised every five years, according to a press statement.
The revisions are part of the RSPO's continuing effort to improve the relevance and effectiveness of the P&C for its members in the journey toward achieving the organization's vision and mission.
You might also like :
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Indonesia ranks 7th in travel freedom among Southeast Asian countries
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death