City prepares different New Year's celebration
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Governor Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo has said that to celebrate New Year's, the city administration will stage the Jakarta Night Festival, which will be totally different from last year's celebration.
'The Jakarta Night Festival will focus on national cultures and will not be centered around Monas or the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle. Events will be held simultaneously in the five municipalities to avoid traffic jams in Central Jakarta,' he said on Friday.
He said all mayors should play an active role in hosting their own events by showcasing various cultural performances from regions across the country.
'All mayors should be creative and innovative. Five days before the event, they are asked to present their programs and the budgets they need to organize the cultural events,' he said.
Separately, Tourism and Culture Agency head Arie Budhiman declined to reveal what attractions were being prepared to greet the new year, except to say there would be a surprise. 'What we are preparing will be attractive and different from last year,' he said.
You might also like :
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- JFW 2018 to feature South Korean brands, singer
- Could Weinstein face trial? The mogul's legal woes
- Japan to hold ‘ninja certification’ test in Tokyo
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Setya dodges KPK summons yet again
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion